- 1200−18000 for a 2-pixel slit (depending on the camera and grating combination)
Imaging (Read more)
- ~10” field of view (varies with filters)
- 0.15"/pixel (short camera) and 0.05"/pixel (long camera) spatial sampling
- Order-blocking, broad and narrow band filters
Guiding Options (Read more)
- Altair (NGS, LGS, LGS+P1)
GNIRS was built by NOAO in Tucson, Arizona and delivered to Cerro Pachón in late October 2003. Commissioning of the majority of the modes took place in stages during 2004. GNIRS was first made available for science use in 2004B. The instrument was damaged in 2007 while at Cerro Pachón and was repaired at Gemini North. Since 2010 it has been available for use on the Gemini North telescope.