Outline of Documentation
- System Verification
- GHOST Community Webinars
- Proposal Preparation
- Preparing Observations
- Exposure Time Estimation
- Data Reduction
- Other Documentation
- Total wavelength range: 363-950 nm.
- Spectral element resolution (R) of 50,000 in standard resolution (2 IFUs simultaneously).
- Spectral element resolution of 75,000 in high resolution mode (1 IFU).
- Simultaneous ThXe arc calibrations can be taken along with science (HR mode).
- Atmosphere dispersion correction (ADCs) are provided for each IFU independently.
Integral field units
- Integral Field Unit (IFU) aperture: 1.2 arcsecs, which is fed sliced into the spectrograph at slit widths of around 0.4" arcsecs at standard resolution.
- 2 IFUs available for science for standard resolution.
- Field of view: 7.5 arcmins for two IFU mode, where the closest separation of the two IFUs is 100 arcsec.
- Dedicated sky IFUs available at both resolutions for sky subtraction.
- Guided using Periferal Wavefront Sensor 2 (PWFS2).
- Fine guiding provided by dedicated fibres surrounding the IFU.