Capability Summary (Read more)
- 1-minute integrations comprised of 1000 images of 60 msec each
- 256x256 pixel (2.5") subarray
- Can achieve diffraction-limited resolution (0.016" FWHM at 500nm and 0.025" at 800nm)
- Larger subarrays may be used for extended objects, but the performance will depend on the stability of the atmosphere.
- Read out of the full frame at 1MHz
- Possible to:
- read out a subarray
- use the EMCCD amplifier for faster readout
- read more slowly (0.1 MHz) for lower read noise
Guiding Options (Read more)
Papers containing 'Alopeke and/or Zorro data should acknowledge Gemini and the 'Alopeke / Zorro team.
The PI for the Gemini Speckle program is Steve Howell (NASA Ames Research Center).
gn Instrument Scientist
gn Additional Support Staff
Tom Seccull and Zachary Hartman
gs Instrument Scientist
gs Additional Support Staff