Professional and Educational Tours
Gemini makes every effort to accommodate teacher/student groups and professionals involved in activities related to astronomical research/engineering. A minimum of one months notice is necessary for all tour requests and we are not permitted to provide tours for commercial (for-profit) groups.
*Gemini cannot provide transportation
*Other restrictions may apply (such as age and health).
Visitor Guidelines for requesting a tour/visit.
- *Maunakea Observatory Visitor Guidelines and WAVER* - MANDATORY
- Minors Release Form - Mandatory for all minors
- Visiting Mauna Kea
- Large Groups, 10+ People - Mandatory OMKM permit
- Media Permits
Visit Gemini South/Visitas al telescopio Gemini Sur
All site visits (Maunakea & Hilo) are canceled due to COVID-19
Select A Tour Type From The Dropdown Above
Let us know if there is anything else we should know when considering your request, for example:
- Any info that will help us decide if this is a visit that we can support
- Name of Gemini staff member you are in contact with, or who will be leading the visit.
- Specific areas of interest
- Scientific (if you are a PI please include info about that)
- Media/Press (specifics about what you want to film or who you want to interview)
Public Tours are not offered, however sometimes we are able to accommodate or "piggy back" small groups (1-3 people) on an already scheduled tour. If you are interested in trying this please submit the following info:
Your Tour Request Has Been Submitted
If your visit can be supported a tour coordinator will be contacting you as soon as your request has been reviewed.
There has been error submitting your tour request
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about this error with the following text: